CNFL HIMSS CPHIMS Bootcamp - ORLANDO
Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Lake Nona
6955 Lake Nona Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32827
All healthcare organizations recruit and promote employees who obtain and maintain certifications to validate their knowledge and competency– this is also true for healthcare informatics. The Central North Florida Chapter of the Health Information Management & Systems Society (HIMSS) - the global leader for this field - is offering a review course for the CPHIMS certification which is recognized as the “premier” professional certification in health information technology (HIT). The CPHIMS certification is the “gold standard” in health IT, which provides evidence that the certificate holders have demonstrated an established level of job-related knowledge, skills and abilities and are competent practitioners of health IT.
Benefits of CPHIMS Certification
•Demonstrate that you meet an industry standard of professional knowledge and competence in healthcare information and management systems
•Increase credibility with your employer
•Distinguish yourself and expand your career opportunities
•Gain a sense of personal and professional achievement
•Show commitment to lifelong learning and professional development
•Join a network of CPHIMS certified professionals across the globe
Areas included in the Review Course
The CPHIMS Review Course provided by CNF HIMSS Chapter is an excellent source of a health IT body of knowledge that spans three broad knowledge categories involving a total of nine topic areas:
•General Environmental Knowledge (Healthcare Environment and Technology Environment);
•Systems Knowledge (Analysis, Design, Selection, Implementation, Support and Maintenance, Testing and Evaluation, Privacy and Security); and
•Administrative Knowledge (Leadership and Management).
This full day 8 hour Review Course will provide an interactive and fast-paced survey to aid in the knowledge transfer process, and is an excellent review of each topic, ensuring you are familiar with all areas covered by the CPHIMS exam.
- CPHIMS Certification Review Materials
This material provided by HIMSS provide the information to prepare the exam. It covers candidate handbook, learning plans, gap assessment, etc.
- Recommend reading material/books
- o HIMSS Dictionary of Health Information Technology Terms, Acronyms and Organizations, Fourth Edition
- o CPHIMS Review Guide, Third Edition: Preparing for Success in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (HIMSS Book Series)
- o Healthcare Information Technology Foundations by Carnegie Mellon University (Open + Free)
- o CPHIMS Exam Flashcard Study System: CPHIMS Test Practice Questions & Review for the Certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems Exam (Cards)
- o CPHIMS Exam Secrets Study Guide: CPHIMS Test Review for the Certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems Exam Study Guide Edition
Continental Breakfast and Box Lunch Provided