The Central & North Florida Chapter of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (CNFHIMSS) is pleased to announce its 2017-2018 scholarship program.
CNFHIMSS plans to award scholarships in Fall, 2017 and Spring, 2018 as funding support permits. A total of no less than $10,000 will be awarded in total.
Eligible applicants are students enrolled in a degree program in a healthcare information and management-related discipline. Established and funded by the HIMSS Central & North Florida Chapter, these scholarships will be awarded to HIMSS student members who exhibit academic excellence and future leadership potential in the healthcare information and management systems industry. Central & North Florida student members are all encouraged to apply for these scholarships.
The scholarship awards amounts will be determined by the Scholarship Committee.
August 14, 2017 Fall Scholarship Application Period Begins
October 31, 2017 Fall Scholarship Application Period Closes
December, 2017 Fall Scholarships Awarded
*** The application deadline is for the Fall award period ends at 11:59pm October 31, 2017 ***
Applicants for the Central & North Florida Chapter Scholarship must fulfill these minimum requirements:
- The applicant must be a member in good standing of HIMSS nationally
- The applicant must be a member of National HIMSS and the Central & North Florida Chapter
- An eligible applicant will either LIVE in the Central & North Florida area (applicant calls the area “home”) OR be enrolled in a program that is based in the Central & North Florida area
- The applicant must be enrolled in an accredited associate, undergraduate, Master’s or Doctoral program related to the healthcare information management systems field in active pursuit of a degree. The specific degree program is not a critical factor, although it is expected that programs similar to those in industrial engineering, operations research, healthcare informatics, computer science and information systems, and quantitative programs in business administration, hospital administration or public health will predominate.
- Associate degree applicants must be at least a first-term sophomore when the scholarship is awarded.
- Bachelor degree applicants must be at least a first-term junior when the scholarship is awarded.
- Previous HIMSS Scholarship winners are ineligible.
Scholarship Applicants will be reviewed based on the following categories and criteria and all relevant accomplishments should be enumerated in the application.
School Related/Academic Activities
Extracurricular & Community Service Activities
Professional Society Involvement (excluding HIMSS)
Presentations & Publications
Extent of Participation
Steps to Apply:
Please complete the HIMSS Central & North Florida Chapter Student Scholarship Application Form: https://immersivellc.wufoo.com/forms/z1h6zb2n15rxqmm/
During the course of completing the application, applicants will be asked to submit the following:
- Personal Statement
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Educational Data
- Professional Achievement and Academic Society Activity
- Leadership/Community Involvement
- HIMSS Involvement
- Technical Paper or Essay
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation. Letters of Recommendation should include the applicants Name, Institution Name and Name of Scholarship for which you are applying. Letters of recommendation must contain author's full contact information.