The Central & North Florida Chapter of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) is pleased to announce three scholarships for students enrolled in a degree program in a healthcare information and management-related discipline. Established and funded by the HIMSS Central & North Florida Chapter, these scholarships will be awarded to HIMSS student members who exhibit academic excellence and future leadership potential in the healthcare information and management systems industry. Central & North Florida student members are all encouraged to apply for the annual scholarships.
The scholarship awards will be in the amounts of $5,000, $3,000 and $2000 for first, second, and third place winners, respectively. The scholarship recipients will be awarded in May, 2016 at a spring chapter event.
*** DEADLINE EXTENDED - THROUGH APRIL 15, 2016 ***
Applicants for the Central & North Florida Chapter Scholarship must fulfill these minimum requirements:
- The applicant must be a member in good standing of HIMSS nationally
- The applicant must be a member of National HIMSS and the Central & North Florida Chapter
- An eligible applicant will:
- Live in the Central & North Florida area (applicant calls the area “home”)
o Is enrolled in a program that is based in the Central & North Florida area
- The applicant must be enrolled in an accredited associate, undergraduate, Master’s or Doctoral program related to the healthcare information management systems field in active pursuit of a degree. The specific degree program is not a critical factor, although it is expected that programs similar to those in industrial engineering, operations research, healthcare informatics, computer science and information systems, and quantitative programs in business administration, hospital administration or public health will predominate.
- Associate degree applicants must be at least a first-term sophomore when the scholarship is awarded.
- Bachelor degree applicants must be at least a first-term junior when the scholarship is awarded.
- Previous HIMSS Scholarship winners are ineligible.
Scholarship Applicants will be reviewed based on the following categories and criteria. Please include all relevant accomplishments in your application.
School Related/Academic Activities
Extracurricular & Community Service Activities
Professional Society Involvement (excluding HIMSS)
Presentations & Publications
Extent of Participation
Steps to Apply:
Please complete the HIMSS Central & North Florida Chapter Student Scholarship Application Form:https://immersivellc.wufoo.com/forms/z1h6zb2n15rxqmm/
During the course of completing the application, you will be asked to submit the following:
- Personal Statement
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Educational Data
- Professional Achievement and Academic Society Activity
- Leadership/Community Involvement
- HIMSS Involvement
- Technical Paper or Essay
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation. Letters of Recommendation should include the applicants Name, Institution Name and Name of Scholarship for which you are applying. Letters of recommendation must contain author's full contact information.
Please click https://immersivellc.wufoo.com/forms/z1h6zb2n15rxqmm/ in order to complete the HIMSS Central & North Florida Chapter Student Scholarship Application Form.